As part of its mission, IASP provides financial aid to help individuals with limited resources attend the World Congress on Pain. Applicants from around the world are invited to apply online for funding.
Applications are Closed
Financial Aid Criteria
- Applicants must be IASP members.
- Applications will be accepted from:
- Individuals in developing countries1
- People from countries with currency exchange restrictions
- IASP trainee members in developed countries.(Note: A trainee is defined as a person currently in training, such as a student, intern, resident, fellow, or postdoc. Applicants will be categorized based upon the country in which they are presently working, studying, or living in determining eligibility and award amounts.)
- No one will be fully funded to attend the Congress. Financial aid is limited to free registration and financial support to offset travel expenses.
- Applicants must complete the entire application.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a poster abstract to the Congress. Please submit your poster abstract prior to completion of your financial aid application.
- The following activities will be used in judging applications for financial aid:
- Enrollment in a full-time degree program or full-time study in the area of pain and/or employment status and location
- Presentation experience at a national or international scientific meeting
- Applicant’s self-selected “best” publication
- Involvement in research, lab experience, or hospital or university teaching
- Priority will be shown to those applicants who have not received a Congress financial aid grant in the past.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be complete by 18 March 2022 23:59 Eastern Standard Time, USA.
- Developing countries are countries with economies classified “low income” “lower-middle income,” and “upper-middle income,” as defined by the World Bank.
Financial Aid Application Requirements
In order to apply for financial aid, applicants will need to provide:
- IASP Membership Number. You must be an IASP member to receive financial aid. If you have recently joined IASP and have not received your membership number, enter “APPLY” when asked for your membership number.
- The number of previous Congress financial aid rewards you have received.
- Information about your best publication in the field of pain (including all authors’ names in the order they appear in the publication, title of publication, journal name or book title and publisher, journal volume, page numbers, and year). Only one publication will be accepted.
- If you have previously presented at a national or an international meeting, information about your presentation (meeting name, date, sponsoring organization, title of presentation, invited or submitted presentation). Only one presentation will be accepted.
- If enrolled in a post-graduate program, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If involved in university or hospital teaching, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If employed at a hospital, university, or other institute, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If submitting an abstract, the abstract submission number (this is obtained by first submitting an abstract on this system) and abstract title.